While reading some Olympics news on Xinhua, China's official news wire, I came across the headline "Xinhua Seeks Foreign Editors." I'm not job searching but was curious to see what the government wanted in a foreign "subeditor," as I found the position is really called.
I checked the official press release and found that one of the main requirements is "good health" so that you are "able to work overtime and under deadline pressure."
The application for the job is brief, but definitely would break several equal opportunity employment laws in the US. It asks for the applicant's date of birth and marital status. Applicants must also include a 2-inch digital photo of themselves and answer the open ended question "Please describe your health condition." Wow.
The job pays well for China, approximately 15,000 RMB or USD 2,140 per month, for a fairly entry level job. That's a lot of spending power here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment