
I'm on a multimedia roll this morning! Here's another fun find from the CCTV website. Beijing, Are You Ready? is a documentary series about Beijing and its Olympic preparations aimed at visitors to the city. I actually saw Part 8: Shopping as Sport and Part 10: Getting Around--Public Transportation on PBS before leaving for China. I had no idea that they were produced by CCTV until a few days ago when my roommate Trisha and I had CCTV Channel 9 (the English channel) on in our room for news and background noise. Suddenly, I heard the cheerful voice of the American who hosts the Beijing, Are You Ready? program. It was episode 10 that I had already seen, but it was great to review it after having been on the subways that host Mary Windishar mentions. She perfectly captures the atmosphere on the subway and in the markets she visits in episode 8.
The episodes are online at Beijing, Are You Ready? and on lots of PBS stations in the US.
More info about the show is on the production company, D3 Productions, Inc., website.
No comments:
Post a Comment