Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gain You Unforgettable Memory, or What the Food Lacks in Cheese...

...the Chinese make up for with cheesiness in Olympics posters, slogans, cheers, songs, and videos.

The official Olympics song for these Games is "Welcome to Beijing," which has an official music video that is aired during breaks on TV and on screens in the subway. Before I found it online, I had only seen the first minute and a quarter and missed Jackie Chan's appearance around 1:14-1:19.



I also found a translation of the lyrics, which is about as entertaining as Chinese translations come. In all seriousness, though, many of the Chinese are this welcoming to us as visitors and this excited for and honored by hosting the Olympics. So the song shows truth and not just propaganda in many ways.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey this is Frank's friend Ted's wife. That song is like the longest song I've ever heard. It literally has every famous singers in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan (hint hint) in it.

Zhen